Since January 2018, workers have been entitled to WSIB benefits for chronic mental stress where the chronic mental stress is caused by a substantial work-related stressor such as workplace harassment and other criteria are satisfied. This Advantage CPD session will provide employers with a practical update on how this policy is being applied by the WSIB at each stage of claim adjudication, and how these WSIB claims may impact proceedings in other forums.
In this Advantage CPD webinar we will discuss:
- Reporting challenges in CMS claims and the WSIB’s approach to date
- The WSIB’s approach to employer investigations of harassment allegations
- The impact on parallel proceedings before arbitrators and the HRTO
- The initial entitlement decision making process and what steps the WSIB is taking
- How granted claims are being managed
The webinar will also include an interactive Q&A function in which participants will be able to submit questions to the presenters in real time throughout the duration of the webinar. Near the end of the presentation, a Q&A panel discussion will take place during which our presenters will address questions submitted by the webinar participants.
By the end of this webinar, attendees will understand strategic considerations and challenges surrounding the reporting, investigation and management of mental stress claims with the WSIB. Participants will also have a better understanding of their obligations in relation to the WSIB where issues of workplace harassment and chronic mental stress are concerned.