This session will describe how to move to a high performing workforce in a unionized environment. It will provide you with some of the basic understandings and tools necessary to significantly improve productivity and efficiency, improve the quality of your business deliverables, improve talent recruitment and retention and reduce internal costs through better people alignment – all within an appropriate and defensible legal framework.
Here is an outline of what to expect:
- Understanding workplace relationships and attitudes
- Why employees are “confused” about what to believe and the union effect
- The importance of clear values applying to everyone – alignment
- The importance of clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- How to introduce change in a unionized workplace
- Understanding engagement – what it is and isn’t
- Engagement models and how to use them
- How to identify and deal with barriers of all types
- The legal framework for engagement and the risks – how far can you go in actions and communications
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Upper Canada. This program contains 0.5 Professionalism Hour.