Please note that this webinar is currently full.
In a fast paced review, we will examine federal and Ontario legislative changes followed by a review of new risks and liabilities arising out of some recent noteworthy decisions rendered by tribunals, arbitrators and the courts. Before turning to your questions, we will close with a “To Do” list summarizing the learnings.
In this Advantage CPD webinar, we will review legal issues employers are facing including:
- Implementation of Canada Labour Code changes
- Ontario Bill 148 and the revised Hours of Work rules
- Regulatory changes under OHSA
- Upcoming AODA deadlines
- Continuation of benefits for employees post-65
- Human rights damages
- The “duty to inquire” in disability accommodation
- Employment contract issues – bonuses, prior service and more
- Suing for harassment
- Resignations, retirements and changing minds.
By the end of this seminar, attendees will be armed with both the knowledge of some of the most important current issues and changes facing human resources professionals along with a practical “to do” list for policies and practices within their organization which they ought to review, including
- Human rights
- Benefits plan and policies
- Extended hours of work and overtime policy
- Employment contract language
- And more