Please note registration for this event is now closed.
As the end of another year quickly approaches, join us as we guide you through some of the key labour and employment developments of 2022.
In this Advantage CPD webinar, we will discuss some of the most notable cases and legislative developments from this past year including:
- key class action decisions
- potential impacts of Bill C-27 on Canada’s privacy legislation
- recent WSIB caselaw, challenges and opportunities
- accommodation in the context of a return to the workplace
Audience and Learning Objectives
This webinar is intended for employers across all industries, including in-house counsel. At the end of this session, attendees will:
- be able to apply relevant takeaways and guidance from recent class action decisions to their own workplaces and their own potential litigation cases
- understand some of the unique changes and additions to Canada’s privacy legislation should Bill C-27 get passed including how to ensure compliance with the new legislation and what this means practically for federal employers and organizations that handle personal information as part of their operations
- possess tools to identify and address WSIB issues and gain practical insights for evaluating and mitigating risks dealing with terminations, as well as insight into the evolution of the WSIB’s approach to COVID-19 claims
- understand how to navigate accommodation issues arising from COVID-19—including disability and family status—that may arise as employees return to the workplace
This webinar will include an interactive Q&A feature. A panel discussion will be built into the last 10 minutes of the session to address audience questions that were submitted.
Hicks Morley will endeavour to accommodate guests with a disability in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.