Please join us for an update on key issues that impact social services organizations in Ontario, and a discussion of the latest legal developments and emerging trends. We will take a whirlwind look at a number of issues affecting your workplace and provide you with the practical tools required to navigate them, avoid common pitfalls – and minimize your potential liability and costs.
In this Advantage CPD session, we will take you through the following pressing topics:
• Workplace Violence & Harassment
• Workplace Investigations – Best Practices
• Disability Management, Medical Information & Accommodation
• Family Status Accommodation
• Service-Based Human Rights Applications.
By the end of this seminar, attendees will have a better understanding of:
• Important recent legislative changes and regulatory initiatives and their potential impact
• Practical strategies for responding to workplace violence and harassment issues
• Investigation pitfalls and how to avoid them
• Effective response techniques for accommodation requests
• The role of human resources in preventing service-based complaints under the Human Rights Code.
The session will include a structured Q&A panel discussion. Our presenters will invite questions and remain behind for any informal discussions you may wish to have.
|This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Upper Canada. Total CPD = 1 hour and 30 minutes of Substantive CPD|