Every person is entitled to work in an environment free of violence and harassment. With the advent of social media, a new sphere of harassment has emerged. An employer’s failure to swiftly address inappropriate and unwelcome behaviour in the workplace is not only unpleasant for the victim involved, but also leads to hostile work environments and undesirable financial consequences.
Learn proven techniques to help your organization mitigate the risks and navigate these challenging situations. Hear from our panel of experts as they guide you through the intricacies, including:
- What are the employers’ obligations regarding social media harassment policies?
- How to effectively manage workplace harassment and violence programs
- Helpful techniques for implementing appropriate consequences
- Practical strategies for preserving evidence and conducting investigations
- Lessons learned from recent case law developments
Angela Bradley, CCCA Ontario Chapter Executive, CLE Liaison