Are you ready to respond quickly and effectively when complex accommodation requests – or allegations of sexual harassment – are made? Does the legalization of marijuana really change any of your obligations as an employer? What obligations do employees with child or elder care issues have to “self-help” – if at all? Understanding the latest developments in the human rights law is key to ensuring your organization is fully prepared to deal with these issues when they arise. Find out what you need to know in this Advantage CPD session.
We will discuss:
- Cannabis in the workplace: accommodation and drug testing
- Challenges in managing medical information for psychological disabilities
- Child / elder care accommodation: sorting out your obligations
- Panel discussion: when #metoo complaints hit your workplace
By the end of this seminar, attendees will have a better understanding of:
- Can you test – what to test – and when to test for it?
- The scope of your obligation to accommodate medical marijuana
- How to address the unique challenges presented by “invisible disabilities”
- Is stress a disability? Does it require accommodation?
- What you can and can’t ask for when managing a mental stress claim
- The “status” of family status law and how to tackle care requests
- Emerging issues and best practices when responding to sexual harassment incidents in your workplace
Our presenters will invite questions and remain behind for any informal discussions you may wish to have.