The purpose of this session is to provide University Counsel and Senior Academic Administrators with an overview of the latest legal developments affecting Universities. The University sector faces enormous economic and legal pressures that are driving rapid changes on campuses across Canada.
This session will address:
- Bill 179 and it’s Application to Deans and Provosts
- Moving Towards Sustainable Pension Plans in the University Sector
- Bargaining to a Deadline: Are you Prepared?
- Academic Restructuring
- Academic Freedom and Bill 168
- Appropriate Responses to Employee and Student Communications on Social Media
- Lessons Learned From Penn State: What do University Counsel and Administrators Need to Know?
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Upper Canada. This program contains 0.5 Professionalism Hour.