The purpose of this session is to provide University Counsel and Senior Academic Administrators with an overview of the latest legal developments affecting Universities. The University sector faces enormous economic and legal pressures that are driving rapid changes on campuses across Canada.
This session will address:
- Pension – JSPP Update
- Gone Viral: Strategies to Survive (Accredited for 15 minutes of Professionalism CPD)
- Post Docs – Are They Really Employees?
- Tenure Appeals
- Compensation Restraint – Is There Light at The End of the Tunnel?
- Emerging Challenges With University Human Rights Policies
- Sexual Violence & Bill 132
- CUPE Bargaining: Student Protest or Collective Bargaining?
- Court Interference in University Affairs: Where is the Line Drawn in 2016?
Special guest speaker Laura Pettigrew, Senior Counsel of Ombudsman Ontario will also be providing an update on the Ombudsman Legislation over lunch.
|This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Upper Canada.
Total CPD = 3 hours (2 hours, 45 minutes Substantive, 15 minutes Professionalism)