This Advantage CPD session will provide University Counsel and Senior Academic Administrators with an overview of the latest legal developments affecting Universities.
In this session, we will discuss:
- Academic Freedom vs. Board Governance
- Navigating Human Rights Considerations in Tenure and Promotion
- Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Investigating and Litigating Student Complaints about Faculty
- Ethical Breaches by Faculty – Are There Consequences?
- Data Security and Incident Response. What Works. What Doesn’t.
- Pension: Post-JSPP and Marshall Report World
- Privilege: How Does it Apply to General Counsel and Board Members Communications?
- Responding to Complaints about Sexual Violence and Harassment in a University Context
By the end of this seminar, attendees will be able to respond proactively to the latest issues and developments in university governance, apply best practices and understand strategic considerations and challenges.
Our presenters will be available after the session for any informal discussions you may wish to have.
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Ontario. Total CPD = 3 hours (2 hours, 45 minutes Substantive, 15 minutes Professionalism)
Porter Airline Discount:
Porter Airlines is proud to offer a 10% discount on available base fares (with the exception of the lowest class fare during a public seat sale) for travel to and from this Hicks Morley Advantage CPD session. The discounted fares are available for booking from March 27th to May 26th, 2018 and available for travel.