Please note registration for this event is now closed.
The university sector is faced with varied challenges and legislative changes on a regular basis. This session will delve into some of the latest decisions and legal developments affecting the sector.
In this Advantage CPD webinar, we will discuss the following topics:
- electronic monitoring policies
- Auditor General and privilege
- the governance implications of the Hockey Canada saga
- religious exemptions
- equitable hiring
- Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA) compliance for employment agreements
- the constitutional challenge of Bill 124 and collective bargaining mandates post-Bill 124
- the implications of Bill 26 for student sexual assault cases
Audience and Learning Objectives
This webinar is intended for in-house counsel at universities. At the end of this session, participants will:
- appreciate the nuances and privacy impacts of electronic monitoring policies
- understand governance pitfalls, implications and best practices
- have a deeper understanding of what they need to know to effectively litigate religious exemption cases
- have the tools to develop, implement and enforce equitable hiring practices
- understand how to mitigate risks related to ESA-related termination provisions in employment agreements
- familiarize themselves with the latest judicial approaches to the interpretation of termination provisions in employment agreements
- identify and consider issues that universities will be facing in collective bargaining negotiations post-Bill 124
This webinar will include an interactive Q&A feature. A panel discussion will be built into the last 10 minutes of the session to address audience questions that were submitted.
|Hicks Morley will endeavour to accommodate guests with a disability in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.|